This site is for sale,
Official Google Information
10 Recent Algorithm Changes
Originally Published: November 22, 2011
What Is New In Google's Ranking Algorithm?
- For queries in languages where limited web content is available (for example Hind or Icelandic), Google will translate relevant English web pages and display the translated titles directly below the English titles in the search results.
- The snippets on the search result page now show more page content and less header/menu content.
- Google finds that boilerplate links with duplicated anchor text are not as relevant, so they are putting less emphasis on these. The result is more relevant titles that are specific to the page's content.
- Autocomplete predictions in Russian have been improved.
- People who are searching for software applications will see more rich snippets, like cost and user reviews, within their search results.
- Google retired a signal in Image Search related to images that had references from multiple documents on the web.
- Some queries get fresher results. This change impacts around 6-10% of search results to a noticeable degree and better determines the appropriate level of freshness for a given query.
- Google adjusted how they attempt to determine which pages are official. This will tend to rank official websites even higher on Google's result page.
- Date-restricted queries have been improved to ensure that users get the results that are most relevant for the date range that they specify.
- Autocomplete predictions for Hebrew, Russian and Arabic have been improved.
How Do You Have To Change Your Web Pages?
"Before you go wild tuning your anchor text or thinking about your web presence for Icelandic users, please remember that this is only a sampling of the hundreds of changes we make to our search algorithms in a given year, and even these changes may not work precisely as you'd imagine."
Copyright by Axandra GmbH, publishers of SEOProfiler, a
complete SEO software solution.
All product names, copyrights and trademarks mentioned in this newsletter are owned by their
respective trademark and copyright holders.
Site Promotion Articles Indexes: